I'm having a hard time realizing that it is really nearing the end of my time with Cranberry Hospice. Even though I only have a week left, I still have a lot to do. I have visits next week, mostly to say goodbye. I have office work to do, too, which I have enjoyed doing. Entering survey data was a good experience for me to see the kinds of questions organizations ask their families with whom they work. I felt kind of important being given access to the database, even if I was only at my site for such a short time. I also have to create a bibliography of Children's books on grief and loss. I really want to make sure the books I put on the list are the best and most universal, not overly religious. I realize it is important to be sensitive about these kinds of things when dealing with several different kinds of families with different beliefs.
I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to the families I've gotten to get to know, but I know I have to. Realizing that it is the middle of August has put a lot of things in perspective for me, including the fact that summer is coming to a close and it will soon be time to get back to everything that Fall has to offer. I know that I will always have a connection with Cranberry Hospice even after I leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment