Internship Organization
My internship site is Cranberry Hospice and Palliative Care, located in Plymouth, MA. It is a department of Jordan Hospital. I work mostly with the pediatric palliative care program called Fragile Footprints, along with the bereavement groups. As an intern, I make home visits to patients or siblings of patients receiving care from Fragile Footprints. I do work in the office (for example, organizing care plan binders, entering survey data, making copies, etc.) and attend the Fragile Footprints team meetings, which meet bi-weekly. I assist and facilitate programs for bereavement and pediatric palliative care families. Because I visit homes, my schedule is not too consistent and can change frequently.
The mission statement of Cranberry Hospice is, simply put, "Cranberry Hospice will provide excellent end of life care to the community." The values of the Cranberry Hospice and Palliative Care team are:
Patient and family focused goals and outcomes
Creative and innovative ways to help achieve our goals
Honest interactions and informed consent
Respecting patient interests and limitations
Honoring and advocating for patient and family’s dignity
and needs
Committed and enthusiastic care which promotes living life
to the fullest
Compassionate understanding and consistency of service
Meeting people where they are
Exceeding expectations while fostering independence
Fostering hope and courage while preparing for death
Healing bereavement services
Treating everyone, as we would have our loved ones treated
(Taken from http://www.jordanhospital.org/body.cfm?id=283)

No comments:
Post a Comment